- When did you join Tumblr?: 2 years ago I made a blog, and long story short it was hipster, so I created this one to be purely Starkid. This blog is 1 5/12 years old.
- Why did you join Tumblr?: People were talking about it in my grade, so I made one. The reason why I created a Starkid blog is a long story, but it was all because of my love Kayla jaurenrichpez
- What kind of blog do you have?: Starkid/humor/whatever the fuck I want
- How many posts do you have?: 14,595
- How many likes do you have?: 818, but I’m clearing it out right now actually!
- How many messages do you have?: 610 (I don’t delete)
- How many blogs do you follow?: 221
- How many followers do you have?: 396 (I’m so close please help me reach my goal of 400!!!)
- How often do you change your theme?:MAN I USED TO CHANGE IT EVERY OTHER WEEK, but now I just change it when I get bored. I’m gonna change it soon, and I think it’s been 2 months.
- How often do you change your icon?: Not very ofteh, but I just changed it yesterday!
- List all the urls you’ve ever had: fuck. around ten at least. okay: 1)pinksunglassesandblueheadbands (which i let go bc it was an old url someone already had) 2) sunshinestepien (when i was still a mere stan and i still call myself rosie sunshinestepien) 3)hellonolanfunk 4)whistle-warblers 5)richtersjoey 6)joeymichaelrichters 7)sangosong 8)ellewoodsforrest 9)sangotajima I KNOW there are more I can’t remember and I didnt even include the holiday ones trust me you dont want me to
- Do you track any tags?: 16, but i check like 2, and I need to untrack like 4
- Do you have any favourite blogs?: meredithstepienz/meredithstepien.com is my favorite(ily bremm)
- Do you often hit post limit?: i used to freshmen year, and I havent since hmmmm
- Do you ever send anonymous messages to other people?: Sometimes, not really. I usually go off anon.
- Do you ever get anon hate?: Never on this website. Guess I’m not popular enough
- Have you made any friends on Tumblr?: yes, but do I keep them and talk to them like I should? That’s a diff story (I’m so busy I’m sorry)
- What’s the most notes you’ve ever had on a post?: This gifset with one gif of Brian Holden fucking up his beard in AVPSY as Hagrid, and Darren smiling to himself. Dude, I released that during the premiere, and now I have 10k notes
- What’s your favourite thing about Tumblr?: It’s one of the few things in my life I have control over, and I’ve met some great peoplepassionate about things as i am
- What’s your least favourite thing about Tumblr?: I don’t like fandoms. I feel like they get a negative connotation, and really people turn vicious really fast no thank you. And one more thing but I can’t say bc I don’t feel like getting my first anon hate ever
christmas is coming. indulge.
i hate remembering good times that i had with people who ended up being really shitty to me
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. — Charles Dickens.
I was really upset to just read that one of my favourite authors as a young teenager, Ned Vizzini, committed suicide yesterday. He struggled with depression his whole life and he wrote great novels for young people who felt alone, sad or unsure about their place in this world. It’s Kind of a Funny Story is one of the few books I brought with me when I moved, it had such a hopeful and optimistic tone about mental illness and that’s why I think I’m so upset about this.
I’m trying to put my finger on why I feel so unnerved by all this. I think it is because this was a man who fought a hard battle and wrote books about it that spoke to people who were also going through the same things and he ended up losing his battle. The problem with depression is it never really goes away, it just takes a sideline until it sees an opportunity to flare up again. It’s not fair.
I think the best way to honour Ned’s memory is to keep talking about mental health and keep talking to each other. The holidays are a hard time and please, be kind to each other. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help. Although Ned’s story has an unhappy ending, yours doesn’t have to. Here are some resources (feel free to add on):
- Suicide: 800-SUICIDE (800-748-3433) / 1-800-237-TALK, 1-800-784-8433
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Rape/Sexual Assault: 800-656-HOPE (800-656-4673)
- Self Harm: 899-DONT-CUT (800-366-8288)
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Sexuality: 800-246-PRIDE (800-246-7743) / 1-888/THE-GLNH
- Grief Support: 650-321-5272
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696 AA/ALA (family & friends of recovering alcoholics): 888-4AL-ANON (888-425-2666)
- Domestic Violence: 866-331-9474
- Teen Relationships: 650-259-7136 Eating Disorders: 847-831-3438
- Post Abortion/Pro-Voice: 1-866-439-4253 Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Runaway:1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
Just trying to get the message out there, I hope this helps someone
Holy shit I had no idea so many people needed this information - well you know where I am if you need me
also, if someone is having an anxiety or panic attack, ask before you touch them and ask what you can do to help.
First and Last words.
I’m not crying, there’s something in both my eyes.
THE FIRST AND LAST WORDS ARE SAID BY ALBUS
I TAKE BACK ANY CRITICISM OF HIS NAME
I open at the close